Arrange wall-mount shelves above a desktop framed by cabinets or file drawers to fashion a home office or a kid’s homework station. If a traditional entry closet or a built-in shelving system isn’t an option in your home, refashioned furniture can achieve a look that’s equally stylish and storage-savvy. This small-scale table is a perfect size for beside the front door. Though compact, the table’s lower shelf makes the piece super functional for drop-zone items. Hang a wall-mount shelf above the table to keep keys, hats, and sunglasses within easy reach. One-time and recurring maintenance solutions make it easy to keep your home in tip-top shape.
- If your home is in need of repair, your landlord might have to do the repairs you need.
- Miss the studs and you’ll be pulling out more than the bars when you put your weight on them.
- When you remodel, leave space or an access door to the main water valve, exterior spigot valves, water heater valves and any others your home may have.
- Hung over a patio, porch or backyard, globe cafe lights instantly turn any outdoor space into a gathering spot, increasing your usable square footage.
- Twenty-three percent of homeowners want to spend the colder months taking care of home renovations.
- I just purchased a granite slab off fb marketplace and would like to install it on my current kitchen island.
Replacing lighting throughout a house can be a simple update for a small investment — but it can make a bit impact where appearance is concerned, Norris says. As you look at options for chandeliers, pendant lighting, and ceiling fixtures, remember to keep colors consistent with your home’s hardware. For example, you can mix metals such as copper and oiled bronze, or brushed nickel with chrome, but you wouldn’t want to mix gold and silver tones.
Replace Your Showerhead
Your debt-to-income ratio is also considered when you refinance. DTI is calculated by combining all your recurring monthly debt and dividing it by your gross monthly income. The maximum DTI allowed varies by loan type and lender, but you’ll typically need a DTI of 50% or lower.
First impressions count: your homes exterior
The gray is on-trend, but also timeless; It works in both modern and traditional home design. And a lot of home improvement happens right before and right after a sale. She projects that home improvement spending will grow 17% this year nationally, partly driven by inflation.
Tape the pattern on the decorative paper applied to the wall; use a crafts knife to cut around the template and peel away the paper above the cut. Spruce up every room in your home with our collection of quick and easy do-it-yourself home improvement projects. Each one can be completed in just a weekend and increases the function—and style! Make a worn dining table or old countertops look luxurious by transforming them into chic marble focal pieces. This unique and crafty DIY combines leftover project paint, ultra high-gloss epoxy and basic craft supplies to recreate the veining lines and texture found in real marble.