This neutral off-white is one of Benjamin Moore’s top-selling paints for a reason. Make your room feel light as a cloud with this neutral shade. “Rich colors make a house feel small,” explains Phoenix, Arizona, agent Andrew Monaghan who has nearly two decades of experience selling properties of all sizes.
- Add natural light in a dark room or hallway with a skylight.Velux Sun Tunnels funnel a diffused glow into any space; it’s a day job for a pro.
- You should also check you have the right amount of cover through your home insurance when the work’s finished.
- Restock your linen closet.If you wouldn’t show your current bath towels and bed linens to your visiting mother-in-law, ditch ’em and start anew.
- Popularized by famous chef Julia Child, use a pegboard with hooks to hang pots, pans, and other tools.
- For more information about your landlord’s responsibility to do repairs, see Repairs in rented housing.
- This mother-daughter duo has taken the world of home renovation by storm with their super popular HGTV show.
Why install complicated light fixtures when natural light can pour in from above? Adding a skylight to a room brings the outside in, and the sky view will make a room feel more spacious. Use recessed lighting to bathe the walls of your room in light, making the space appear larger.
Hang a Medicine Cabinet
With 103 years in business, our family remains committed to the highest quality products and uncompromising attentive service. British homes tend to be dark, and those with lots of natural light feel larger. Even if you’re not planning on moving, adding these can promote a sense of wellbeing.
Based on the standup comedy of Tim Allen, Home Improvement ran for eight seasons on ABC. It focused on Tim Taylor, a former tool salesman turned TV host, and his family. They lived in suburban Detroit with a neighbor that was full of great advice and didn’t show his full face until the series finale. But the Taylors’ house was filled with more than a few subtle details many fans might have missed.
Replace Your Kitchen Island
The gray is on-trend, but also timeless; It works in both modern and traditional home design. And a lot of home improvement happens right before and right after a sale. She projects that home improvement spending will grow 17% this year nationally, partly driven by inflation.
Big Questions About Tiny Houses
Eye-catching front doors might be handy if you have guests coming to visit but may be off-putting to potential buyers, so keep it neutral. Once your house becomes a home, you’re probably more focused on the inside than out. Stand on the kerb and appraise your house like you’re seeing it for the first time – is there peeling paint or cracked gutters? If the answer’s yes, it’s time whip out the paint and ladder. Looking for some home improvement ideas to increase the value of your home and help it sell quickly? We’ve teamed up with some experts to bring you some helpful tips.